One of my favourite dishes of late has to be pulled pork, it’s so easy and always a winner. We vary it up so depending on what we have in the house is how we serve it. It is excellent with brioche and homemade coleslaw, but it’s equally tasty with some brown rice and salad on the side.
Pulled Pork Recipe
1. Put your pork into your slow cooker, fat side up, and cover with the sauce
2. Put slow cooker on low for 5/6 hours – I usually wait until the fat is starting to come off the meat
3. Remove all of the fat and discard
4. Take two forks and pull apart from each other
5. Stir round in the sauce to coat all of the meat
We also made Hunter’s Chicken with this sauce. Again this is a great weeknight meal as it’s so easy.
Chicken breast – 1 per person
2 rashers of streaky bacon per person
Half a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey BBQ sauce
1. Take each chicken breast and wrap with two rashers of streaky bacon
2. Place in a baking tray and sprinkle over some grated cheese
3. Put in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees
3. Cook for 20 minutes then remove from oven and pour over the Jack Daniels Honey BBQ Sauce
4. Cook for a further 10 minutes
5. Serve with potatoes and side salad or veg
Disclaimer: We were sent the Jack Daniels Honey BBQ sauce in return for this review – all opinions are my own.