So I have been practicing with lots of different recipes and this has to be my favourite one, not only is it a lovely chewy flapjack but it has a kind of adult twist on it with the stem ginger – so feels a bit more of a treat.
220g Demerara Sugar
100g Golden Syrup
300g Porridge Oats
130g Crushed Stem Ginger
- Preheat your oven, I have a fan oven and pop it on 180 degrees
- Measure your oats and stem ginger in a bowl
- Grease your baking sheet and put down some greaseproof paper
- Melt butter, sugar and syrup on a medium low heat, until it’s all melted and combined
- Add the butter mixture to your oats and ginger and mix well
- Spread it over your baking sheet and even out the surface
- Bake in oven for 25 mins – or until golden on the top
- Let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting into squares then leave to completely cool before removing from the baking sheet
I have compiled my top tips for flapjacks, this is a basic recipe and you can always add in seeds, nuts or other dried fruit of your choice instead of the stem ginger.