My blog will be 7 years old in May and I’ve always just done my blog as a hobby, a way of documenting things I want to remember for the kids and imparting things that I have learned through my experiences. What I have found though is that I have lots of readers who don’t know me personally and now that I am freelance, I have a bit more flexibility to work on getting the blog to be both a personal journey and more.
So my blogging goals for 2017 are as follows:
- Twitter grow my followers to 2,500
- Facebook grow my Likes to 500
- Instagram grow my followers to 500
- Pinterest grow my followers to 250
- Tots100 – Before my blog was hacked in January last year I was at position 938, so I’m working to get to 900 before the year is out
- I want to get a better camera and make more of my photographs – I find using my phone restrictive sometimes
How am I going to do this? Well I am at the moment working on my plans to meet my goals, but here are my first thoughts on how I am going to work on this:
- Clean up my links – removing any broken ones
- Use the Editorial Calendar plugin on WordPress to organise my posts – Thanks to Aby over at Mom Boss Squad for this tip – It is super cool and makes me feel organised
- Blog every day
- Diary all posts in the calendar – even if the content still needs to be written and the pictures tagged and tidied up
- Organise my photographs weekly into folders and tag them – not only does this help with finding them when I need them – but also it means they are already tagged when coming into the post for SEO purposes
The upshot is – My blog costs me money, not just time – so I need to make sure I’m at least covering this cost in 2017.
What are your blogging goals? What are the things you want to improve on?