On Thursday night my friend, Carrie and I headed along to the Foodies Festival launch at Anthropologie in Edinburgh. This year Anthropologie are styling the VIP area along with a top florist, with exclusive VIP creative summer workshops, champagne tasting sessions, and ‘Meet the Chef’ sessions held in the comfort of the VIP area, complimentary glass of fizz in hand. The VIP lounge will also have a new deli and gourmet snacks area and complimentary, exclusive Foodies Festival tote bags with VIP goodies inside. Live music on the VIP acoustic music stage will add to visitors’ luxury experience in VIP and make their time at Foodies Festival all the more memorable. I need to check to see if my ticket gets me access 😉
Edinburgh Foodies Festival runs from Friday 4th August until Sunday 6th August. Children under the age of 12 can go in free when accompanied by an adult.
This year Prue Leith, the new Great British Bake Off judge will be joining Edinburgh Foodies Festival. At the Festival, guests will get the chance to ask Prue questions and also give her the opportunity to chat about her new role as the Chancellor of Queen Margaret University – This is such exciting news!
Foodie fans can look forward to a celebrity and Michelin-starred chef line-up in the Chefs Theatre this summer, with Scotland’s top chefs showcasing their culinary skills and inspiring the audience with their delicious dishes. There will be a focus on culinary wellness, with farm-to-table dishes, sugar-free cooking and ‘feel good’ food trends. We’re delighted to announce that MasterChef Winner 2016 Jane Devonshire will also be cooking up her family favourites and showing the Foodies visitors how to make gluten-free healthy, comfort food.
Top chefs in the Chef’s Theatre include:-
· Jane Devonshire, MasterChef Winner 2016
· Michael Bremner, 64 Degrees & Great British Menu Star
· Prue Leith – Great British Bake Off Judge & Chancellor of Queen Margaret University
· Aitor Garate – Asador Etxeberri (Number 6 in Top 50 Restaurants in the World)
· Mark Greenaway – Restaurant Mark Greenaway
· Paul Wedgewood – Wedgewoods
· Kaori Simpson – Harajuku Kitchen
· Graeme Pallister – 63 Tay Street
· Tm Vine – Comedy Cook Off!
· Ally McGrath – Osso Restaurant & Great British Menu
· Lorna Robertson – MasterChef Finalist 2017
· Iain Pirrie – Edinburgh School of Food& Wine
· Brode Williams – MasterChef Semi-Finalist 2017
· Michael Bremner – Great British Menu Winner
· Neil Forbes – Café St Honore
· Marcello Tully – Kinloch Lodge
· Daniel Ashmore – The Pompadour by Galvin Brasserie
· Jamie Scott – The Newport & MasterChef: The Professionals Winner 2014
This year for the first time, Foodies Festival are introducing a new health and wellbeing focus, after all, these things go hand in hand, don’t they? They are teaming up with lululemon to provide an exciting timetable of yoga classes, mindfulness, meditation and nutrition talks. There will be Eating for Energy talks and top chefs demonstrating how to cater for food intolerances and inspiring people to reconnect with ‘real’, unprocessed food. Essentially, how to indulge the foodie in you and still maintain a healthy image; how to have your cake and eat it! Browse, buy and speak with experts in the healthy living shopping area with a handpicked selection of the best health, fitness and nutrition brands to keep you glowing long after you leave the festival.
Also at the event will be:
· A Cakes and Desserts Theatre – Avid bakers can get hands on with our practical baking masterclasses or bring along your best bake to enter our very own Foodies Bake Off competition judged at 3pm each day with a KitchenAid Mini for the winner!
· Live Music, Restaurant Tents and Pop-Up Bars – Foodies Festival has been dubbed the ‘Gastromic Glastonbury’
· A Drinks Theatre – Expert mixologists and sommeliers, including Neil Phillips and Charles Metcalfe, will host a full timetable of masterclasses on wine, whisky and champagne and cheese tastings in the Drinks Theatre each day
· Now in its 12th year, the Street Food Avenue attracts street food vendors from around the world
· The Artisan Producers Market – Hosting a stunning array of Great Taste Award winners
· Kids Zone and Kids Cookery School – The Kids Cookery School is a chance to get the whole family involved in cookery – there will also be fun science inspired kids cookery classes on ‘Marvellous Microbes’ – science experiments you can eat!
And of course, the VIP: The Red-Carpet Welcome in Association with Anthropologie
Tickets are on sale now at www.foodiesfestival.com
If you’d like the chance to win a pair of tickets to the Edinburgh Foodies Festival, please enter below
a Rafflecopter giveaway