- Cook the salmon as per instructions. Leave to cool.
- Make mash and leave to cool
- Break up salmon fillets and mix into mash, add in spring onions and chilli
- Form into required shapes, you can make croquettes, small cakes or larger cakes
- Then sort out a kind of production line: 1 bowl with plain flour, the next with beaten egg (or flour if you prefer) and the next one with breadcrumbs.
- Coat cakes in flour, then egg then breadcrumbs and leave on a plate in the fridge for around 20 minutes to firm up
- Heat frying pan and add a small amount of oil and fry each of the cakes until golden. Remember that the fish is already cooked, so you are just heating it through and getting a bit of colour.
TOP TIP: If you get the kids to help you make the cakes into the shapes that they want, they are more likely to eat them!!