I had a friend coming over for lunch and couldn’t decide what to make. Having been on a Food for Health course, I wanted it to be healthy, but also super tasty. The results were amazing! In under 20 minutes I had made the most amazing, comfort food ever – My friend didn’t want to go back to work – RESULT!
1 tbsp olive oil
3 medium onions, chopped
3 celery stalks, sliced
1 large carrot, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped (or minced)
2 bay leaves
Sprig of fresh rosemary
2 tsp dried oregano or mixed Italian herbs
salt and pepper
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
1 can of pinto beans
750ml of vegetable stock
120g Marshalls macaroni (you could use any but this is my favourite)
75g kale – remove the thick stalks and cut up into smaller pieces
50g baby spinach
- Put your Instant Pot on to Saute mode and add in the olive oil. As soon as it starts to heat up, add in your onion and cook until soft
- Add in your carrots, celery and garlic and saute for a few more minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the beans and the parmesan
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and press ‘Manual’ and set this for 6 minutes – This will ensure that the pasta and veg is cooked through
- When it is finished leave it on the keep warm function until you are ready to serve – If there is any pressure left, quick release this and add in your pinto beans, mixing well then serve immediately.
Serve in bowls with lots of crusty bread and parmesan from people to add their own at the table.
- Always heat on the hob not in the microwave
- If wanting vegetarian or vegan option remember to check your cheese & pesto & substitute as appropriate
- Add a little pesto to the top as an extra special treat
I’m only just getting into my instant pot, but found this cool instant pot recipe finder that I plan to use to help inspire some more great IP recipes.